If you can believe it, another New Year is upon us! I know it seems like yesterday that we were saying this about 2018, and anxiously anticipated the great things that the New Year held for us. Now, we are beginning 2019, and I would bet there are unlimited possibilities awaiting each of us this year. You have started the year off right by living in an apartment. There has been a lot of research conducted to determine the benefits of downsizing your life and living in more quaint quarters. Whether you know it or not, you are ahead of the game. Let’s take a look at some of the top benefits to choosing an apartment for your home.
10. Less cleaning and more fun time awaits those who choose a smaller living environment. If you are one who maintains their living space in a tidy manner, then this is right up your alley. With less square footage to clean, you have more time to do the exciting things in your life like hiking, fishing, skiing, etc. Who doesn’t want to do more of that this year?
9. Save more $$$ in multiple ways. Those who choose to purchase a home have a lot of financial responsibilities that you do not have to worry about. For example, if plumbing in your apartment has an issue, you call to have maintenance come fix the problem. This does not cost you anything extra in your rent to have the required maintenance completed. However, if you owned your home, this would be your responsibility to figure out how to not only get the issue fixed but also find the additional money that it will cost to have the repair man come to your home. Your heating and cooling costs are lower due to the smaller space of the apartment. Then there is the money saving benefit of having landscaping, trash, and parking covered. You get to come home and focus on your personal sanctuary without focusing on needing to get anything outside of your home (in regards to the property) handled.
8. Alter the focus of your home from quantity to quality. With a smaller space to furnish and decorate, you will have the opportunity to strategically place nice art, unique pieces of furniture, or even buy that special piece that you have had your eye on. With an apartment, you have the opportunity to express who you are in a compact and clear way avoiding the clutter that often happens when you have too much space to try to forcibly fill.
7. Give back to the environment that loves you. The little known fact of smaller living spaces is that they are very eco-friendly. Every time someone turns their heat on, they are leaving a carbon footprint on the environment. The very construction, insulation, and heating source for apartments creates a much smaller carbon footprint when compared to larger homes.
6. No lost & found needed in your home when you have less area to lose an item.
5. Organization becomes second nature due to the smaller space. You have less of a chance to allow any clutter to build up in your home. If you sometimes need that push to get you motivated to reorganize, or get rid of the old stuff you are not using, this is a great opportunity for you. Apartments are cozy, but can become claustrophobic for anyone who allows their space to become too overrun with various items. You will become a master of organization while residing in an apartment.
4. Close but not too close is the best way to describe apartment living. You have friends aplenty when you choose to live in a close community. Although you have neighbors around you, you still have the comfort and privacy of having your own space. You can be as involved as you want to be in your community. If you want to get to know your neighbors, I encourage you to do so. Lifetime relationships can develop, and you could find something that you never expected just by saying hello to a friendly neighbor.
3. Location, Location, Location. As everyone knows, location is everything. By living in an apartment, you get the comfort of being close to everything, while not having to pay the huge price tag of owning a home in a highly sought after location.
2. Moving on is inevitable. Those who have learned to be well organized, have less clutter, and a smaller area to pack up find that when that time comes to move on, the transition is much easier.
1. The number 1 reason living in a smaller space is good for you can be seen in the recent research that shows that the psychological health of a person can drastically improve when they downsize their life. This improvement is seen for many reasons. Psychologists have found that less visually challenging spaces create an environment where the individual feels more comfortable as their mind can relax more effectively. Small spaces also present the opportunity for a person to feel like they have more control over their environment. There is also research that shows that people who reside in cozy spaces tend to spend more time outdoors, which is directly linked to emotional happiness.
With the New Year here, take the time to look around your space to what you would like to rearrange, organize, or change in some way to make your apartment more than just a home. These are only 10 reasons living in an apartment is pretty amazing, but there are so many other benefits as well.
Finding an apartment can be a challenge, but at Bridger Property Management we want to make this process simple and hassle free for you. Take a look at Kagy Village and Brookside Park Apartments to see if these suit your needs. Feel free to give our friendly staff a call at: 406-556-9900 and they can assist you or answer any questions.